托尼的工作显然做得不好,因此在汇报时必不可少被老板责难。
T: Hello, it's Tony, in Manchester.
你好,我是托尼,曼彻斯特。
B: Oh, hello Tony. How's the exhibition? Is it going well?
你好,托尼。展会如何?所有都顺利吗?
T: Er, no, not really. It's very quiet actually! We are not doing much!
呃,不是非常顺利。事实上很安静。大家都没什么可干的。
B: What? That's awful? How can you say that, Tony? Did you speak to the conference1 manager again?
什么?那样糟? 如何会如此呢,托尼?你和展会的经理又谈了吗?
T: Er, no, no. Why?
呃,没,没。如何了。
B: To get a better stand of course! We are paying a lot of money for that exhibition and for your hotel! Can't you speak to him again?
要一个好的展位呀!大家为这个展会和你们的旅馆付了不少钱的!你不可以再和他谈谈吗?
T: Er, OK. I'll do my best.
呃,好的,我会尽力的。
B: Have you spoken to any good agents yet?
你有没和一些好的代理商谈谈?
T: Well, yes. There is one company, they seem very nice.
哦,有。有一家公司看着很好。
B: Nice? Nice? Have they got any experience? Are they reliable2?
很好?很好?他们有经验吗?可不可信?
T: Erm, er, I'm not sure. I'll ask May...
呃,嗯,我不太一定。我会问下梅
T: Hello? Are you still there?
喂,你还在吗?
B: Yes, I'm here.
嗯,在。
T: Em, we aren't sure about the agents.
嗯,代理商大家不太确定。
B: Tony, please could you speak to them again and get more details about their experience.
托尼,你能否再和他们谈谈,多知道一些他们的历程。
T: But, they want to sign a contract3 tomorrow.
可是,他们想明天签协议。
B: No, Tony. Do NOT sign anything until we know a lot more about them. Please get full details about their track4 record. I want to know who they've worked with before, exactly. Can you please send me a full report tomorrow.
不可以,托尼。在知道之前大家不可以和他们签任何东西。请你知道详细的经营状况。我想了解他们都和哪个合作过,详情。你明天能否给我一份详细报告?
T: But I was going to go to the cinema tonight!
可是我今晚计划去看电影。
B: Tony, you are not there to go to the cinema!
托尼,你不是去那里看电影的!
T: Fine. We also need more brochures5.
好的。大家还需要一些宣传册。
B: OK. I'll send some more immediately. I'll start preparing a contract but we need a lot more information.
好的,我会立刻送一些过去的。我会筹备起草合同,但大家需要更多知道他们。